Monday, December 31, 2012

The Gift of Pain

Have you ever asked God to reveal Jesus to you? 
Have you ever wanted to see Jesus so badly that you just beg God to give you just a glimpse?

Over the last several days, I have come to realize that the face of Jesus can be seen in many different areas life... Pain not being the least of these areas. 

Deep searing, raw PAIN.. It is a glimpse of Jesus. 
Through pain I can feel a tiny fraction of what he felt. I can see Jesus, taking , carrying suffering through all of my pain and our pain and doing it because of love. It shows me the raw feeling he experienced and it gives me view of who he is. 

Pain allows me to be human and to feel love. It allows me follow Christ's example, and to see him more clearly. 

To have the ability to feel pain means that one has the ability to feel love. And it gives a small glimpse of my savior. 

Yes, I am thankful for pain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started "Annalogies" as an outlet of creativity for an overly scientific, logically minded life. I love people. I enjoy the simple things in life. My aspiration is that this outlet can allow me to grow in expression. So go with me and grow with me, if you like. I am just a sculpture still in the making. annegirl46@gmail.com