Saturday, May 26, 2012

Considering Conviction

What is the quality that brings a man to accept death over the denial of his ideals; to undergo many an "unnecessary" inconvenience; to forsake material good,  or to have the strength to stand steady on a decision?

This quality is conviction. The convictions of a person may lead them through, times of fire, loneliness, diminished funds and fear. However, a conviction runs deep and forms a strength of character that no temporal circumstance can replace. Conviction are worth the effort and the "loss".

 Not always will others hold one's same conviction; however, one's own are the only convictions that must be endeavored to keep. No matter how large or small, one's convictions are worth holding with strength. It is with that strength that we try to please our Father and with which we gain the respect of our fellow humanity. Conviction forms  the unmovable mountain which stands strong within our being. Alone or with others, as long as our convictions are based upon the word of God, we are able stand with confidence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I started "Annalogies" as an outlet of creativity for an overly scientific, logically minded life. I love people. I enjoy the simple things in life. My aspiration is that this outlet can allow me to grow in expression. So go with me and grow with me, if you like. I am just a sculpture still in the making. annegirl46@gmail.com